Friday 29 October 2010

Day 65 Swimtastic!

Yay! Woo-hoo! I did a whole mile in the pool tonight - 64 laps! And it took me one hour and 15 minutes. 7 minutes less than the last time I attempted this particular feat.

Heh.

My muscles are a little bit sore, because I've been gradually upping the laps over the past few days. Tonight I was only intending to do 48, maybe 56, but... The pool was almost empty, I had loads of time, and I just kept right on going!

First I did 32. Then another 8 more. Then another 8 more because that would be more that I am old. Then another 8 because that would be more than Mr T's age (the unavailable man I was feeling weepy about before  - it was kind of irrational but doing more laps than he is old made me feel so GOOD!) And then I thought - hey, I might as well go for it, it is only another 8 laps...

I'm feeling good.

And I'm having a bottle of totally deelicious London Pride beer to celebrate. And for those beer afficionados - it's brewed by Fullers, is an 'Outstanding' Premium Ale, Alc.4.7% Vol. It's a lovely golden burnt caramel colour and is the smoothest ale ever, with just a hint of tang and bitterness and a wonderful hoppy aroma. Heh - it's very nice beer. And has won lots of awards.

Tomorrow I thought I might do 32 laps and perhaps tackle the climb up White Horse Hill. BBC Weather say its going to be sunny until 1pm - plenty of time for me to get there and walk up to the Horse, and maybe have a picnic.

The more things I do that I used to do, the better I will feel, and the more likely I am going to stay focused on this journey. The swim tonight was a bit like this - each lap takes 30 or more strokes, and every lap is 25m, and it is a cumulative thing - just like losing one or half or two pounds a week, finally ends up with me being around 10 stone and fit, healthy and energetic. :) But I'm not waiting for that magic number of 10 stone to live my life. I'm going to live it now, start making all my 'extraordinary' achievements as I go along the way.

This time next year, I want to be looking back at a string of firsts, and a string of oh-golly,-it's-so-great-to-be-doing-this-agains. I'm getting out of that front door and doing stuff, instead of hiding away.

Maybe next month will be the walking challenge achievement month? hehe.

Food today, calories 3178.
Breakfast - rosehip tea, bacon, eggs and baked beans with weird little soy sausages (not buying those again)
Lunch - mozzarella & bacon salad, an apple, roobios tea with milk
Tea - 5 ryvita crispbread with Laughing Cow light cheese, a date & rosehip tea
Snack - bowl of peanuts, breakfast nuts & dried fruit, pecans, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds (this was the calorie buster - 1223 cals!)
Dinner - homemade aloo gobi curry and a bottle of London Pride

I think part of the impetus to do the mile today came from the fact I had eaten all that energy dense and sustaining nuts and seeds. After I finished tonight I didn't feel all weak and quivery, just good and a little sore, but still with plenty of energy to dry my hair and I didn't have to sit down afterwards!

Tomorrow is going to be a light exercise day - and I will take that hill slowly, and enjoy the walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment