Friday 8 October 2010

Day 44 Eating the Slimming World Way

Today has been an almost perfect SW Green Day. My Syns came in at 15.5 and calories at 1830. The handbook recommends keeping Syns between 5 and 15, something I have found extremely hard to do and had resigned myself to perhaps keeping that up around the 25 mark for me now. Today's menu though was very much in keeping with the spirit of SW.

Breakfast: strawberries & raspberries with 100g of Light Greek Yoghurt plus a couple of teaspoons of vanilla sugar
Lunch: Lots of spaghetti, with a sauce made from half a diced courgette, some mushrooms & a clove of garlic sweated in a tablespoon of olive oil, 56g of soft cheese melted into it, then a handful of watercress mixed in with the hot pasta, and finished with an ounce of grated parmesan. This was utterly lush.
Dinner: 112g chicken breast smothered in harrissa & rose rub from Sainsbury's (I thought it sounded romantic) pan fried in a teaspoon of olive oil, then after browning, steamed with a little water in the covered pan, keeping it wonderfully moist & juicy. I loathe dried out chicken. Served this up with the last of the applesauce I made last week, Bisto gravy and heaps of boiled cauliflower and broccoli. Yum.
For snacks: 2 bananas, 2 dates, 1 apple
Lots of water today. I lost count of the number of glasses I downed. Have not had tea today at all. Might have some later if I am still awake at 2 am :(

I REALLY like my new scale, and am getting quite obsessive about weighing most foods now. Heh, what a change from "lets throw this much in by eye..."

Mood has been low today. Exercise: whole body weights routine Yay! One set of each exercise, even the dreaded crunches. I can feel my stomach is sore. No swimming today either. Had a nap instead. Tomorrow is another day. Am setting alarm so I can put in a swim session in the morning before doing anything else. Think maybe low mood is because have not been to the pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment