Saturday 2 October 2010

Day 38 Towpath Day!

VIEW FROM IFFLEY LOCK

Went for my walk along the towpath today. Started at Iffley Village 11.20am got almost to Folly Bridge in 45 minutes with a few sit downs when my back started hurting which is excellent going for me. My walking stamina is nowhere as good as my swimming stamina. Walked back to Iffley Lock and stopped off at the Isis Farmhouse to have a cup of tea and a slice of their delicious lemon polenta cake - a place that is only open half the week summertime and closed during winter. It is one of my favoured places to go read a good book, drink beer, eat cake, hang out with old friends when they come and visit.

IFFLEY LOCK
FOLLY BRIDGE IN THE DISTANCE

DUCKS AT THE LOCK
VIEW OF FALCON ROWING CLUB
MY TRUSTY HIKING BOOTS!
And here is a photo of my cat from yesterday's downpour. Not that she spends a lot of time awake, but when she is, it is handy being able to pop out! In the end to encourage her, I got the brolly and stepped out into the back garden, she soon followed. Heh! Strength in numbers!

RAINY DAY BLUES

2 comments:

  1. would love to run along a tow path in the UK. In 2002, while living in London for work, the best I could do was a few parks behind Chiswick High Street and Kew Gardens on the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patrick. There were lots of joggers and cyclists along there this morning. I kept thinking next year that will be me! Richmond Park in London is great for cycling, and has quite a few unexpected benefits - lots of escaped exotic birds have made it their home.

    ReplyDelete