Sunday 3 October 2010

Day 39 Finding a happy menu

Food intake: Hurrah! SW Green Day 19 Syns and calories 2029.

Today my food stats look fine to me AND most importantly, I feel fine as well. I haven't got a "too full" feeling, nor have I got a "I'm so deprived" feeling. I've still got a murray mint sitting by me, left over from 2 days ago. I'm calling it my "emergency sweetie". I can have it if I want to. For now I'm just happy to see it there. I'm not hungry. I'm not craving anything. It's great feeling like this.

I have drunk a lot of roobios tea today - 6 cups! Not so much water - only one glass. Will try and have a couple more before bed.

I've eaten totally veggie today.

Quorn sausages, baked beans & omelet for breakfast.
Home made Butterbean, Leek & Carrot soup, croutons and mozzarella (twice) then an apple & a wholemeal bagel covered in seeds.
Home made hommos, carrot & pepper sticks, bulghur wheat salad made with lots of different kinds of seeds, and chopped red pepper and topped with pecan halves. All washed down with lots of roobios tea with milk.

So I've had plenty of calcium, enough variety of veggies, protein in the pulses, milk, cheese & eggs, some fats in the hommos ( olive oil ), nuts, seeds and cheese, and fibre from the veggies, apple & wholemeal bagel. A pretty good win:win. :)

My stomach feels great. I don't feel like I have heartburn or indigestion. I think this might be the way to go forward. Those quorn sausages really need some HP sauce though! They have a nice range of products - they do escalopes, burgers, chicken style pieces, mince - all of which I find quite allright. Also I've had some bread - the wholemeal kind so I'm happy. And yes, it was defrosted specially!

I read a blog which talked about finding food choices that your body is happy with. Heather eats Almond Butter. That makes a lot of sense to me. And hopefully I will find my happy menu too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment