Tuesday 26 October 2010

Day 62 Wet Day

It has rained steadily all of today, and my mood has been correspondingly down. Didn't help either that reading that book from my friend today showed me that my last relationship that I had enshrined in my head as true lurve was totally based on illusion and the man concerned was "emotionally unavailable". :(

I could denigrate myself, and allow my negative voice full rein. I could and did eat to help stuff down my upset emotions. I did have a cathartic sleep this evening, and am now in a much better frame of mind than earlier. Hmm, today's vices were two flapjacks from the freezer and a big bowl of peanuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and pecan halves doused in salt. And an extra bowl of cereal with milk. Good thoughts about this - the milk was skim, the flapjacks were portioned and calorie counted, the nuts and seeds are healthy fat, and my dinner of bagel and smoked salmon was without butter or cream cheese.

Crise de confiance!

In the grey skies of my mind though there is a sparkle of sun and blue sky. I am here, I have learned more about myself, and next time, I will choose better. :)

Total calories today 4447.

Maybe tomorrow can be a vegetable soup day - I have a tonne of cauli, carrots etc that will make a big soup, that is comfort food and good for me. :) And the weather forecast is sunny in the morning, so that potential lunchtime swim will be a pleasure.

Other good things about today - I got a pile of work done, and that is always pleasing. Oh yes, and my cat loves me. :)

GIVE ME THAT RIBBON!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your comment... I am finally feeling better. :-)

    I liked this post, how in spite of anything, you are looking for the good things, and learning more about yourself. This really IS a learning process. I am STILL learning!

    It may take time, but if we never quit, we WILL get there.
    Loretta
    =^..^=

    ReplyDelete