Friday 17 September 2010

Day 23 Comparing weight loss strategies

Wahey! I did my 20 mins of walking today. Hurrah for me! I was so proud of myself, because it really did start to hurt - my gluteals, my lower back, my thighs, my shins :o !! I persevered and made it with 2 short 10 second stops.

I also walked around the supermarket, parked far away from the entrance, moved a load of rubbish from the front garden to the car to take round to the recycling dump, and walked up and down my stairs - yay! A much more active day than yesterday certainly. :)

I also logged my food as SW with 'ouch!' of Green Day syns 31.5 and as calorie counted - a quite splendid 1500. Interesting comparison. What is also interesting is that I feel quite full on this 1500 cals. Maybe it is because I've had exactly what I wanted and that has shut off the whine of deprivation I kept hearing. I also tried out the eating off a small plate thing.

I discovered there was no more milk this morning so it was supermarket time & decided to wait to have food, and ended up food shopping, moving rubbish, getting a birthday card for dad, going to the post office, doing a little more food shopping at my fave grocers AND going for my walk in the park as it was a gloriously sunny day. :D

Spent the rest of the afternoon reading another blog, Zeusmeatball's One Man's trip to the half,  I like this blog, he puts in some awesome ;) images illustrating his writing. This post was especially great :) I'm looking forward to being able to swop over to my smaller pants too! I also like that he's a big cycling enthusiast - that's something I am looking forward to doing again.

Food today:
8.30am. roobios tea for breakfast.
2.30pm. late lunch/tea
One Co-op Belgian Caramel & Chocolate Cream Choux Bun (am pretty sure my Healthy Extra calcium quota was in this!)
roobios tea
bruschetta with olive oil & tomatoes
4.30pm. 1 banana, 1 fresh fig, 1 large fresh medjool date
8.45pm. Dinner
1/5 of bulghur wheat salad with pumpkin, sesame & sunflower seeds, fresh parsley and chopped red pepper, lemon juice & olive oil
3 heaped tablespoons 2% fat cottage cheese 

I also peeked at the variable scales and it showed 21:7 this morning and this evening it is at 21:10. I'm heartened now that when I go back to the doc's next month I WILL see a proper loss.

I am allowing myself up to 2000 calories a day. From the calculations for a sedentary lifestyle for someone of my weight, I can eat up to 2282 cals to lose approx 2 lbs a week.

I also picked up during my shopping a few calorie and syn counted treats to have every day. With me it is when I feel deprived or without something that I go off the rails. So having something nice but 'naughty' to have every day is my keeping it real strategy. After all this is a mode of eating I am going to have for the rest of my life!

I wonder if tomorrow is going to be a swim day?

No comments:

Post a Comment