Sunday 5 December 2010

Day 103 my last holiday, and FBP day 9

Hmm, this is kind of difficult because I didn't take any photos! But I can show where I went and where I stayed....

3 day voyage in Cornwall, October 2009. The best three days I've had on holiday for about 20 years! All pictures © ClassicSailing.

EVE OF ST MAWES, ST MAWES, CORNWALL
UNDER SAIL
BIRD'S EYE VIEW!
DINGHY NO. 8
I had so much fun, did loads of things I never thought I'd be capable of, and was so sad when we had to go home. I'll be going back again as soon as I am fit and agile enough again.

Looking at these images has given me added impetus to staying on the FBP. I thought this morning that maybe I could just have a bowl of cereal for breakfast...but I didn't. I had my celeriac soup, and now I've had some smashed boiled potatoes with 18g of butter and quarter of boiled cabbage. Sounds unappetizing, but trust me, mixed up together it becomes colcannon - an irish dish. Normally served with heaps and heaps of butter, I found that the small amount I had used was sufficient with lots of pepper and a modicum of sea salt.

This afternoon I'm on a course about positive thinking at the Global Retreat Centre at Nuneham Courtenay. It is run by the Baba Kumaris,, and is a very serene place to be. I like going there occasionally for the tranquillity,, and I do find their ideals quite appealing. However, I still have not managed to meditate, even once! Maybe today?

No comments:

Post a Comment