Thursday 2 December 2010

Day 100!! A centenary of blogging days!

Wow! I am so amazed and chuffed with myself! heh - and it feels so good to say this, as far as doing the blogging goes, I'm doing really well. :)

I am so not used to praising myself, that negative voice inside of me that tells me "I am not good enough", "I'll never live up to expectations", "why try you'll only fail" etc etc has been a constant in my life for a loooong time. But...over the last couple of years I have worked hard at replacing that inner voice with one that says:
"Yes!, You can do this!"
"You're a wonderful person!"
"I'm fabulous, and anyone who has me in their life is very lucky!"
"Try it! You never know, you might succeed!"
"Look at all the stuff you've done! You rock!"

hehe. :D
I wish there was a way to incorporate big smileys on here.

Another good thing this morning: the unreliable scales said I am exactly 300 lbs today! Ooooh! And my BMI is now under 50...yay!

Was just reading Alexia's blog Dimple Snatcher (Hi Alexia, your blog makes me smile!) & I'm going to join in the photo posting for the next 29 days.

This is my current facebook photo. And funnily enough it was taken a year ago too! :)

MY CURRENT FACEBOOK PHOTO
This picture was taken on a barge that had been turned into a restaurant/cafe in Birmingham, UK. Birmingham has lots of canals - it was (and still is) a big industrially important centre. I was there with my friend, G to see a wonderful amazing guitar duo from Mexico (via Eire) - Rodrigo y Gabriela, the day before at the Birmingham O2. That was a really great midweek trip for the both of us, she even persuaded me to have a go on a fairground carousel at the German Christmas market - me, who thinks I'm too enormous & too heavy for stuff like that... G is a fabulous person & I'm so glad she's one of my friends.

A reminder of the list:
day 1. your facebook profile photo 
day 2. a photo of yourself a year ago 
day 3. a photo that makes you happy 
day 4. a photo of the last place you went on holiday 
day 5. a photo of you 
day 6. a photo that makes you laugh 
day 7. a photo of someone you love 
day 8. a photo of your favourite band/musician 
day 9. a photo of your family 
day 10. a photo of you as a baby 
day 11. a photo of your favourite film(s) 
day 12. a photo of you 
day 13. a photo of your best friend(s) 
day 14. a photo of one of your favourite family members 
day 15. a photo of you and someone you love
day 16. a photo of you at the last party you went to
day 17. a photo of one of your classes
day 18. a photo of you on a school trip 
day 29. a photo of something you enjoy doing 
day 20. a photo of you standing up 
day 21. a photo of your town 
day 22. a photo of your friend as a baby 
day 23. a photo of you that your hair looks nice in 
day 24. a photo of a night you loved
day 25. a photo of your favorite weekend
day 26. a photo of last summer
day 27. a photo of what you ate today
day 28. a photo of someone you find attractive
day 29. a photo of you when you were happy

No comments:

Post a Comment