Tuesday 2 November 2010

Day 69 Gulp.

That emotional see-saw struck again. I started out the day SO well, making myself some gloriously green veggie brimming soup to eat for lunch. But then as the day progressed by about 3pm I was thoroughly depressed, miserable, and despite holding out for a long time (several hours) I finally gave in to profligate eating, and making, and consuming of lots of chocolate, nuts and bread products.

Day's total stands at 4701 calories, I haven't bothered with the Syns.

I also didn't go swimming at lunchtime, nor in the evening, by which time I was comatose on the sofa, sleeping off my late afternoon gorge.

Good things here. I did think quite seriously about getting drunk to forget. I didn't, thank goodness - a sore head this morning on top of a tender stomach - hmm not the most joyous of starts. Other good things - my chest muscles are a tad sore, as are my leg muscles - that's a GOOD sign, that I have been working them, and that the fibres have been busy realigning themselves into proper muscle! I slept plenty. And I've posted about this. I did consider missing out a day. However detailing my struggles is as important as detailing my successes. I can only hope as my journey goes forward, these kinds of days will become less and less, and the successful days will number more and more. :)

Food list for today:
Breakfast - 1 cup Sainsbury's hooplas cereal with milk & 1 mug tea
Snack - I cup broccolli, lentil, spinach, leek soup
Lunch - big spinach salad, 1 pitta & half tub taramasalata, rosehip tea
mid-afternoon snack - bowl of peanuts, pecans, walnuts, dried fruit, pumpkin & sunflower seeds, and an apple
dinner - 2 quorn sausages, half tin of baked beans with sausages, 2 eggs fried in 1 tsp olive oil, half baked potato
Evening eating - 4 pittas & whole tub of hummos, a whole pan of chocolate rice krispie cake, 2 mugs roobios tea

Okay. Misdeeds accounted for. Today I can only do better. :)

3 comments:

  1. Aww, I'm sorry it was such a tough day.
    But you are right. As we go on and learn from our mistakes, we get better and better at this. And we have more of those successful days. You'll get there.

    Just never ever quit. And you WILL get there. :-)
    Loretta
    =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rettakat is right. You only fail, when you quit...so just keep at it. Tomorrow is a new day. Past is the past.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the encouragement, guys :)

    ReplyDelete