Thursday 11 November 2010

Day 79 Remembrance Day

2 minute silence on the radio at 11 am this morning. It has been a cold, very blustery day.

Calories today: 2047. It has been a struggle keeping to that amount even. I have had a banana muffin and an extra bowl of savory rice today, and lots of mugs of tea as well as 3 decent meals. I have kept saying to myself, a minute on the lips, a lifetime on the hips...and also, as a friend has kindly said she will come with me to a gig in a month's time, I want to be fit enough to enjoy the trip. So this means, getting my daily walk in, and keeping up with the swimming. And keeping the intake of food down.

So I'm setting myself a mini-goal - 20 minutes walking, 32 laps swimming, and 1800 calories every day for a week. And after this week, another week, and another... :)

I've put this - "Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself." George Bernard Shaw - in a prominent place, so I can see it every day to encourage myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment