Wednesday 3 November 2010

Day 71 Sticking to simple menus is less mind-boggling

Just the stats today - Food calories 2251, I'm not counting Syns today because I tried out a new recipe - lentil & rice pancakes (dosas) and they were a mite stodgy & oil-laden! I'm going to give up on trying to recreate the paper-thin dosas I remember from living in Malaysia. They're just going to have to remain a treat when I go back to visit.

It is MUCH easier counting calories & syns when I'm eating european style food! I think from now on I'm going to stick to simple.

Breakfast - sugar puffs with milk, roobios tea
Lunch - pitta stuffed with sardines in olive oil (omega3 rich!), then the pancake experiment (tasted okay, but not good enough for me to try again)
Dinner - sliced pork loin chop with carrots & courgettes in madeira sauce, mashed potato, cabbage, applesauce
Snacks - roobios tea, 4 chocolate rice krispie squares (all calorie counted AND the remainder stashed away from casual perusal...!)

Have done lots of work today, so am going to have a well-earned chill-out watching TV, or read my new who-dunnit novel - A Maisie Dobbs Mystery...An Incomplete Revenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment