Wednesday 19 January 2011

Day 147 Photographic Evidence

Yup. I have it in pictures. And amazing really, how much I actually eat! No surprise that I've been piling on the pounds instead of losing them. I'm going to have to start learning how to put food away when I cook too much too. This evening I made chicken with leeks, carrots and courgettes with spiced saffron rice.  One leek, half a carrot, one courgette and two boned chicken thighs didn't seem like a lot before I started but was a very substantial plate with the rice! Erm, it was so delicious that Hmm, I've eaten the lot!

I wonder what emotional stuff is disturbing me at the moment that I am craving starchy food and sweetstuff. :o perhaps it was paying out so much money to the Inland Revenue, and now feeling precariously penurious? :D - well, subconscious, I have a remedy for that, put in my invoices for all the work I've done over the last 7 weeks...

Here's the evidence...
WEDS BREAKFAST: MY BOWL OF MILK & HONEY!
PORRIDGE, AND ROOBIOS TEA
WEDS LUNCH: MUSHROOM & SPINACH OMELET
MINESTRONE SOUP
SNACK: CHEESE & BISCUITS, PLUMS
ANOTHER SNACK! POMEGRANATE & PINEAPPLE
YET ANOTHER SNACK. HALF CUP OF BRAZIL NUTS,
WALNUTS, ALMONDS, PISTACHIOS, DRIED CRANBERRIES,
RAISINS, SULTANAS, DRIED PLUMS, PLUOTS, PEARS
WEDS DINNER: SPICY SAFFRON RICE,
GARLIC, GINGER & LIME CHICKEN
WITH LEEKS, CARROTS & COURGETTES
SWEET FINISH: BERRY BERRY SOLERO
AN AMAZING 100 CALS!
When I look at this evidence, I can see that my food choices are on the whole, healthy ones. My problem or perhaps to put it in a better way, my challenge, is QUANTITY. My cake-hole is a black hole...slurps down enormous quantities with the greatest of ease. Gulp. Gotta get it trained into being a tad more selective on how much.

Good things about today:
I read a LOT of new blogs, and added some to my list - always good to read about other people's successes, tips, accounts of their journeys. Makes me feel less alone in my food obsessions too.
It is a glorious full moon, or near as damnit! Bright and shiny, like a new start :)
In the course of my blog reading, I signed up for the 10 week walk of Life program on About.com. If I'm going to be eating so much, I'd better start trying to match up the extra calories with some expended energy!

Useful facts I learned today. My body fat % is 62.87%, which means my lean weight mass is 117lbs. So my protein requirement for my current sedentary lifestyle is 82g.

I also found out the mileage of a variety of walks I can do from my front door, so I can feel virtuous in having expended a measurable number of calories! At my slow pace it takes me 20-30 minutes to walk a mile, depending on the terrain, so I'm aiming for a gentle mile plus for this week. And building up the distance over the next few weeks. Going to be back tramping through the woods again this spring. :) Not long now!

I'm feeling a tad more impelled to do something now, because horror of horrors, my 60 inch tape measure no longer goes around my hips with inches to spare. :( Now that is really quite distressing. 315 lbs, I am saying GOODBYE quite firmly now!

No comments:

Post a Comment