Saturday 1 January 2011

Day 130 A new year

MMXI

Imagine the world without arabic numerals. :)
So many good things come from all sorts of sources. Just have to find the methods that work for me.

I get a bee in my bonnet about doing stuff sometimes. Like today, I absolutely had to try making mayonnaise. Now, I don't usually eat the stuff, and totally dislike fat free mayo. Uh, and since I watched Jimmy's Food Farm, I definitely wouldn't eat that again!

My mayo making experiment was quite successful. I have a cupful of the thick, creamy, pale yellow glop, and a sore right arm from all my whisking. Good point here is that I probably expended at least 50 cals making it :) I've calculated the calories spread out over 6 portions, and I will have 6 very interesting meals. Got to use it up in 2-3 days, as it has raw egg yolks in it.

I've realised I am happy I made the mayo. I love to cook, and making stuff, interesting food, gets my head into a wonderful zone. Perhaps I ought to think about doing a cookery course or two, and learn how to become proficient at more complex techniques.

Anyway, the point of this was, finding stuff that makes me happy to do it. Like perhaps taking a walk to a cafe. That way I get to eat a piece of cake, and have some exercise. I was reading Slimming World's Body Magic guide, and their criteria for an active lifestyle is 30 minutes of exercise 6 times a week. I used to cycle to work - 20 mins there, and 20 mins back, that's probably how I managed to keep my weight down so long. Fitting exercise into my daily activities. Being more active. Getting off the couch...

Going to see what I do tomorrow.
Baby steps. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment