Sunday 8 May 2011

Tropical days

Happy Mother's Day! I'm spending a month with my mum in lovely super-warm Malaysia. My mum hates to cook, so I'm on kitchen detail which is great. My mum has been really pleased with my efforts so far - some great salads and pasta and soup.

I'm also swimming. The condo has a pool, fringed with palms and exotic huge plants. I go down there in the mornings when the sun is just breaking out over the pool, so part of it is in the hot sunshine and part of it is still in the shade. Last week I managed a 40 minute, a 50 minute and a 12 lap session that was terminated by rain - yay for me.

I don't know how much I weigh right now. All I am trying to do is to eat as well as possible and to keep doing exercise whenever I can. One plus to me so far is that I've refrained from my usual gorge on all my favourite Malaysian delicacies. Mum & I have instead opted for getting ourselves a huge amount of fruit - mangosteen, longan, papaya, watermelon, grapes, mangoes, guava, durian, pears, oranges and apples. My mum also loves junk food, by which I mean stuff like sweets, peanut brittle, bombay mix, tapioca crisps, prawn crackers, fried nuts, murukku etc, so the house always has this stuff which is a big temptation for me. I've allowed myself to eat them this past week, however this coming week I'm going to get with the eat fruit instead, or drink some water plan instead of reaching for those crunchy munchies!

Perhaps tomorrow I'll do a walk as well as swim. :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow. A month! I am JEALOUS!
    And... Mmm. I love mangoes and watermelon... but you can keep the durian fruit. ;)
    Happy Swimming!

    ReplyDelete